Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am constantly looking for ways to include wheat in recipes and this recipe is really WONDERFUL. I am not even kidding, it is SO good. I was happy this recipe was shared with me.

WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Step 1-Beat together:
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar

Step 2- Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Step 3 - Mix in:
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, you may want to add another 1/4 cup to get a good cookie consistency.
1 bag miniature chocolate chips.

Scoop with a cookie scoop if you have one and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
I noticed that the miniature bag of chocolate chips is the key to making the recipe really good. Having the small chocolate throughout the cookie makes it so you don't even taste the wheat.
It is REALLY good.

No comments:

Post a Comment