Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork

I found this recipe on line and I LOVE IT!! It was so good but the kids didn't like it as much as the regular BBQ pulled pork. It has a sweet and tangy taste to it. Try it and let me know what your family thinks.

EASY CROCK POT PULLED PORK
By Brad Kamer

1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/3 Cup Worcestershire
1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Ground Mustard
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
Dash Red Chili Pepper Flakes
Pinch Salt and Pepper
1 Medium Sweet Onion,
Chopped 3 Pounds Pork Shoulder, Trimmed of Fat.

Method1. Combine all ingredients except for onion and pork into crock pot. Whisk all ingredients until well blended.2. Place pork and onions into mixture, coating both sides of meat.3. Cook for 8 to 10 hours under "low" slow cooker setting.4. After meat is cooked, remove from slow cooker onto plate and break apart with fork. If meat has any bones, please discard at this time.5. Place meat back into warm sauce to reheat.6. Serve on hamburger buns or Kaiser Rolls.7. Enjoy.

Shortcut:When I am in a rush, I sometimes opt to use a prepared barbecue sauce from the grocery store which saves about five minutes of prep time. All you do is pour about cup and a half of sauce, 1/3 cup of water, and heat for 8 to 10 hours on low. The store sauces are okay, but it is better to go through the prep method above. There is no substitute for the slow cooker pulled pork marinade created by the sweetness of the onions contrasted by the sharpness of mustard and vinegar.

1 comment:

  1. This is BY FAR the best pulled pork recipe! I have been using it since I first found it in 2009. I recently moved and couldn't find it -- pure panic. I'm so glad I found it again! Thank you, Brad.

    ReplyDelete